Allowing the Spirit to speak through the Scriptures
Recently at one of our Sunday Services, the Holy Spirit brought the need for our congregation to truly know what it is to read the Scriptures with the Holy Spirit’s rhema revealed. To go just beyond implementing principles, but actually diving into the daily bread for our lives. These are more than stories, principles, and words; they are prophetic patterns that we need to step into daily. Jesus did nothing without taking time to seek His Father and find out what the Father was showing for that time and hour. We therefore are inspired and encouraged to do the same as Christ. To take the Scriptures and apply them as our daily bread and allow the Holy Spirit to make them come alive. For without the Spirit breathing on the Word, it is dead!
There were five important steps that I shared with our congregation and members and would love to share with you to help you discover the Holy Spirit’s voice within the Scriptures for your every day.
Allowing the Spirit to Speak Through The Scriptures – Practical Steps:
1. Ask the Holy Spirit to open our understanding and let us see what Jesus is saying.
2. One thing, one aspect, and one thread.
3. Old and New Covenant thread — The new is in the Old Concealed; the Old is in the New Revealed!
4. Once you have the thread, ask the Lord how to apply it practically to your day and your life.
5. Remember what the Lord revealed during the course of the day when the challenges and tests come.
March 7, 2018
February 21, 2018
August 3, 2016